When you need a new roof for your home, our licensed roofing contractors ensure a durable, attractive result that will hold up for decades.
Please contact us today for a Free Estimate. Simply fill out this form and we will get back to you shortly.
At Adriatic Home Improvement, customer satisfaction is our top priority. We use only the highest-quality materials and the latest techniques to ensure that each project is completed to the highest standards. Our team is committed to working closely with each customer to ensure that their needs are met and that they are completely satisfied with the work we do.
We are proud of the work we have done for homeowners in the past, and we would be happy to provide references or show you examples of our past projects. Contact us today to schedule a free roof inspection or to learn more about our residential roofing services.
At Adriatic Home Improvement, we recognize that a new roof can be a daunting process. That’s why we strive to offer exceptional customer service every step of the way, starting with your free estimate appointment and continuing through to the final inspection. Your peace of mind is our top priority.
Knowing When It's Time for a Complete Roof Replacement
One of the questions we are most often asked is “Do I need a roof repair or a new roof?” While localized roof leaks and areas of damage can often be fixed with a roof repair, there are several signs that your existing roof system should be replaced and it’s time for roofing installation instead.
- Visible damage to roofing material, including cracking, curling, discoloration, or missing shingles
- Moss or mold on the roof
- Bare shingles without the protective coating of granules
- Visibly sagging roofline
- Missing or damaged flashing, fascia, or other structural elements of the roof
- A significant roof leak or multiple roof leaks (or evidence of moisture, including water stains on your ceiling or mold in your attic)
- Your asphalt shingle roof is over 20 years old (other types of roofing tend to last longer, such as a tile or metal roof)
Types of Roofs
Asphalt shingle roofs are a popular choice among homeowners due to their affordability and ease of installation. Some benefits of asphalt shingle roofs include:
- Durability: Asphalt shingles are designed to last for several decades, making them a great choice for homeowners looking for a long-lasting roof.
- Affordability: Compared to other roofing options, asphalt shingles are relatively inexpensive, making them a budget-friendly choice.
- Easy installation: Asphalt shingles are lightweight and easy to install, which helps to keep the cost of labor down. This also makes them a popular choice for DIY roofing projects.
- Wide range of styles and colors: Asphalt shingles are available in a wide range of styles and colors, so homeowners can choose a look that best fits their personal style and the look of their home.
There are also some drawbacks to consider with asphalt shingle roofs, such as:
- Vulnerability to damage: Asphalt shingles can be damaged by wind, hail, and other severe weather conditions, which can lead to leaks and other roofing problems.
- Shorter lifespan than other roofing materials: While asphalt shingles are durable, they have a shorter lifespan compared to other roofing materials like tile or metal.
- Aesthetic limitations: Asphalt shingles may not be the best choice for homeowners looking for a more unique or high-end look, as they tend to be more standard in appearance.
Overall, while there are both benefits and drawbacks to consider with asphalt shingle roofs, they are a popular choice among homeowners due to their affordability, durability, and ease of installation.
Flat Roof (EPDM, PVC, BUR)
Flat roofs are a type of roofing that offer several benefits and drawbacks for homeowners to consider. Here are some of the key benefits and drawbacks of flat roofs:
- Affordability: Flat roofs are generally less expensive to install compared to other types of roofs, making them a cost-effective option for many homeowners.
- Ease of installation: Flat roofs are relatively simple to install, which helps to keep the cost of labor down. This also makes them a popular choice for DIY roofing projects.
- Space utilization: Flat roofs offer a large flat area that can be used for outdoor living spaces, such as patios or roof gardens, or even as extra storage space.
- Durability: Flat roofs are vulnerable to damage from rain and snow, as well as wind and UV rays. This can lead to leaks and other roofing problems over time.
- Maintenance requirements: Flat roofs require regular maintenance, such as checking for leaks and cleaning gutters, to keep them functioning properly.
- Aesthetic limitations: Flat roofs are not ideal for homeowners looking for a more traditional or high-end look, as they tend to be more modern and industrial in appearance.
Overall, flat roofs offer a cost-effective and easy-to-install roofing option for homeowners. However, it is important to keep in mind the durability and maintenance requirements that come with flat roofs, as well as the aesthetic limitations that may not appeal to everyone.
Metal roofing is a popular choice for homeowners looking for a durable and long-lasting roofing solution. Some benefits of metal roofing include:
- Durability: Metal roofs are extremely durable and can last for up to 50 years or longer, making them a great choice for homeowners looking for a roof that will last for many years.
- Energy Efficiency: Metal roofing can help to reflect heat and reduce energy costs, making it a more energy-efficient choice compared to other roofing materials.
- Wide range of styles and colors: Metal roofing is available in a wide range of styles and colors, so homeowners can choose a look that best fits their personal style and the look of their home.
- Fire-resistant: Metal roofs are highly fire-resistant, making them a safer choice for homeowners in areas with high fire risk.
Some drawbacks to consider with metal roofing, such as:
- Higher cost: Compared to other roofing options, metal roofing can be more expensive, making it a less budget-friendly choice.
- Noisy: During rain or hail, metal roofs can be noisy, which can be a drawback for some homeowners.
- Ease of installation: Metal roofing can be more difficult to install compared to other roofing materials, which can lead to higher labor costs.
Overall, while there are both benefits and drawbacks to consider with metal roofing, it is a popular choice among homeowners due to its durability, energy efficiency, and wide range of styles and colors. Whether you are looking for a roof that is durable, energy-efficient, or offers a unique look, metal roofing is definitely worth considering.
- Signs that your roof may need to be replaced include missing or broken shingles, cracked or curling shingles, persistent leaks, and excessive wear and tear from weather conditions.
- A professional roofing contractor can assess the condition of your roof and provide a recommendation for repair or replacement as needed.
- The color and style of your roof should complement the overall look and feel of your home, as well as the surrounding landscape.
- Consider factors such as the color of your siding and trim, the style of your home, and the colors that are common in your neighborhood when choosing a color for your roof.
- The best material for a residential roof depends on a number of factors, such as climate, budget, and personal preference.
- Asphalt shingles and flat roofs are two popular options, but there are many other options such as Metal roofing that we install.
- The maintenance requirements for different types of residential roofs can vary greatly, but all roofs will benefit from regular inspections and cleaning to remove debris and check for damage.
- Asphalt shingle roofs, for example, may require occasional repairs to address leaks or missing shingles, while metal roofs may require painting or sealing to maintain their appearance and performance.
- The type and length of warranty that you can expect with a new roof will depend on the type of material used and the roofing contractor you choose.
- Here at Adriatic Home Improvement, you are provided a 30-year warranty on your shingles and a 15-year warranty on labor with every roof replacement.